Activated Charcoal Cold Pressed Soap Bar
This product is currently sold out.
The detoxing powers of charcoal are no longer a secret! We’ve been harnessing the absorbency abilities of activated charcoal for years and you can rest assure that our charcoal isn’t combined with any harmful or counterproductive ingredients in our products, including this luxe bar!
Our Activated Charcoal Cold Pressed Soap is the ideal cleanser to use when you’re seeking a fresh start with your skin. If you’re new to green beauty or just looking to hit the reset button, this soap will provide a deep clean that breaks down toxins, congestion and debris trapped inside your pores. It then brings it to the surface where it can be removed. Using our Activated Charcoal Cold Pressed Soap consistently on your face can reduce or eliminate acne, bumps and blackheads.
What you’re left with is a clean slate where naturally supported healing can occur without fighting obstructions. That’s where real, sustainable results can start happening!
If that wasn't enough, here's a few more benefits:
- This bar won't dry out or strip your skin
- Helps to fight odours (hello armpits)
- Contains sunflower and olive oil to soften & condition your skin
It's also a big 5.5 oz bar that will last you a long time, as cold press soap is harder than any glycerin soap bar! Lastly, this soap is made with our "hard bar" formula, just like all the soaps in the signature collection. Soaps made with this formula are super mild and gentle on inflamed and/or sensitive skin.
In a Nutshell
- Absorbs deep into pores to draw out dirt & oil
- Frees up congested pores
- Helps eliminate acne, blackheads and bumps
- Great for both face and body
- Reduces pigmentation
- Won’t dry out skin
- Helps fight odour
- Softens and conditions your skin
- Mild and gentle on your skin
This soap is made with our hard bar formula. Find out more about our hard vs soft soaps here.
Find out more about these icons here.
Cold Processed Soaps are for those who...
- want to avoid harsh ingredients & detergents
- are looking for a cleanser that doesn't strip their skin of its natural moisture barrier
- have dry skin and are looking for more balanced skin
- are looking for a creamy, smooth soap
- want to take care of their delicate skin with quality ingredients
We’re pretty confident you know how to use a bar of soap, but here are a few recommendations to make the most of your cold pressed bars.
- Avoid hot water, as this will dry your skin out. Opt for lukewarm water instead and let the soap do the dirty work.
- Feel free to use a cleaning mitt or silicone face scrubber, but be gentle! They can exfoliate without adding extra pressure (which can cause irritation).
- The optimal amount of time to cleanse your face for is roughly 45 seconds – 1 min. If you have sensitive skin, try 30 seconds. Set a timer on your phone for the first few uses, as you may be surprised how long it actually is.
- Body Soap – This bar isn’t just useful for detoxing your face; it works wonders on the body too! It’s especially great at eliminating odour, making it the perfect body cleanser (especially if you’re going through a deodorant detox)
- Shaving Soap – all of our cold pressed soaps make amazing alternatives to conventional shaving creams. Just lather up and apply to your legs like you would a shaving cream and get to business. The oils in our soaps make shaving a smooth success.
How to Make Your Soap Bars Last
Once you've tried handmade soap you’ll want every silky, skin-loving bubble to last! Thankfully, we won't stop making handmade soap anytime soon BUT there are definitely some tricks to making each bar last as long as possible.
- Don't leave your handmade soap in the tub while you're soaking.
- Make sure your handmade soap isn't in the water stream; keep it in a corner of the shower or tub where it won't be constantly hit by water.
- Use a soap dish that provides appropriate drainage so your soap bar can dry properly between uses.
- Rub your soap bar onto a washcloth & use that to get clean rather than rubbing the soap bar right onto your body.
- Store your soap bars in their packaging and in a cool dry place until you're ready to use them.
- Consider cutting your soap bars in half and only putting one-half in the shower at a time.
Our Cold Press Soaps are made from scratch using old world techniques and clean and kind ingredients. The care that was put into soap making years ago, as well as the recipes that were passed down from generation to generation, make their come back with these creamy, soft soaps that produce spectacular lather! We use specific oils in our soap batches that are known to be mild on the skin while producing great lather! In fact, they lather up so well that they can easily be used to shave with!
There are no shortcuts when it comes to the cold press method - these soaps take weeks to cure but are well worth the wait! Our handmade method of soap making ensures the most amount of glycerin possible is retained, unlike commercial soap making. Retaining the glycerin makes a softer, milder soap which is emollient and moisturizing to the skin.
Our Cold Press Soap is ideal for those with sensitive skin, for conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis, or anyone allergic to commercial soap because they don't strip the skin of its natural, beneficial oils. In fact, they are mild enough to use on babies' delicate skin.
These soaps do not contain any colours or scents. Instead, they are made with the freshest, highest quality ingredients, coloured with natural clays, and scented with essential oils and phthalate-free fragrance oils.
If you haven't experienced the world of green beauty cold press soaps then you are in for a real treat! Many bath & body lovers say that once you try cold press soaps that have been made with the quality ingredients and utmost care, that there's go going back to anything they were using before!
What's the Difference Between Handcrafted Soap and "Commercial" Soap?
Commercial soaps are manufactured in large factories (often located overseas) staffed with anonymous employees, using the most economical ingredients. Often, they contain harsh detergents and most have the glycerin removed.
Our handcrafted soaps, on the other hand, are manufactured locally in small batches with the personal oversight and care of long-time soapmaker. Owner, Jamie makes use of high-quality ingredients, including specialty oils and botanical additives to personalize her formulations.
The creative artistry of Jamie results in soaps that are different and unique, offering you a wide selection of soaps that are not only clean and kind on your skin but functional and beautiful as well.
- Absorbs and traps toxins and chemicals
- One 'bit' of charcoal contains a multitude of its own pores that are capable of holding 1000x its own weight
- Coveted ingredient for removing hard to remove ingredients like petrochemicals from the skin
- Collected from green sources making it completely safe and gentle
Coconut Oil, Palm Oil (Sustainable), Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Charcoal (Activated)
- Palm Oil: Sustainable / Saponified
- As always, our products are made with clean and kind ingredients. They're free of...
- Petro ingredients
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) / SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- Propylene Glycol
- Size: 125 – 155 G
- Packaged in a recyclable paper wrapper
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does it harm sensitive skin in any way
Thanks for your question. All our products are designed with sensitive skin in mind. However, it's important to note that there are lots of different variations of "sensitive skin". For example, some folks with sensitive skin can tolerate fruit enzymes or certain essential oils. Other's can't.
Our soap bars were designed to be safe for the majority of sensitive skin types. This charcoal bar is unscented, free of colorants and super mild - making it a great choice for those who are prone to sensitive skin.
If you're interested in finding a facial cleanser, I recommend taking our "Your Perfect Cleanser Quiz" which will narrow down the best cleanser for you based on your skin's current needs.
Hi, I am really interested in this soap but I see that one of the ingredients is coconut oil. Coconut oil makes me break out and I've heard that many people with acne experience the same issue. I was just wondering why coconut oil is included in this when so many people break out from it? Thank you for your response!
Hey there! Thanks for your question. We include coconut oil in our products because it has a ton benefits of the skin including antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties thanks to both Lauric and Capric Acid. Both of these are actually very helpful in the fight against acne.
We do acknowledge that a VERY small portion of people (those who suffer from a specific form of acne called comedogenic acne- these people often have pores that are misshapen (almond-shaped), damaged, or naturally narrow and are very prone to congestion) can react to coconut oil in their skin care, the benefits of this ingredient are too hard to ignore. The breakouts people are more likely experiencing when they try coconut oil are what is referred to as detox breakouts. Without understanding the reason for these breakouts, they automatically assume they can't use coconut. You can learn more about detox breakouts HERE.
We also have a very detailed blog that we wrote about Coconut Oil and the many myths that surround this ingredient. You can find our blog called The Truth About Coconut Oil HERE. If you know that your skin does, in fact, react to coconut oil, we recommend skipping this product and moving onto a different cleanser for your skin's needs. We have a quiz that can help you with this HERE.