Tresses to Toes Cold Press Soap Bar
This product is currently sold out.
This soap bar is perfect for cabin goers, backpackers, work travellers and more! Our Tresses to Toes Cold Press Soap can literally be used to cleanse everything from your body to face to hair, which makes it great for eliminating unnecessary duplicates in your cosmetic case when you’re travelling.
Brimming with nourishing hemp oil, the Tresses to Toes Cold Press Soap won’t clog your pores and delivers a healthy dose of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids that provide needed moisture and protects the skin. We’ve added tea tree oil to this bar as well to provide some extra cleansing “oomph”; it kills acne-causing bacteria and is particularly great for those who suffer dandruff/dry scalp.
Bar shampoo is particularly great for people with dreadlocks because it won’t leave behind a residue or buildup.
In a Nutshell
- Blend of peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree for a fresh scent and feel
- Contains nourishing hemp oil
- Treats dry scalp
- Fights both facial and body acne
- Won’t clog pores
- Softens skin's texture and improve elasticity
- GREAT for travel
- Formulated with clean and kind ingredients
This soap is made with our hard bar formula. Find out more about our hard vs soft soaps here.
Find out more about these icons here.
Cold Processed Soaps are for those who...
- want to avoid harsh chemicals & detergents
- are looking for a cleanser that doesn't strip their skin of its natural moisture barrier
- have dry skin and are looking for more balanced skin
- are looking for a creamy, smooth soap
- want to take care of their delicate skin with quality ingredients
We’re pretty confident you know how to use a bar of soap, but here are a few recommendations to make the most of your cold pressed bars.
- Avoid hot water, as this will dry your skin out. Opt for lukewarm water instead and let the soap do the dirty work.
- Feel free to use a cleaning mitt or silicone face scrubber, but be gentle! They can exfoliate without adding extra pressure (which can cause irritation).
- The optimal amount of time to cleanse your face for is roughly 45 seconds – 1 min. If you have sensitive skin, try 30 seconds. Set a timer on your phone for the first few uses, as you may be surprised how long it actually is.
New to Bar Shampoo? Here’s why you should use a vinegar rinse.
A vinegar rinse helps "newbies" adjust to shampoo bars by removing any soapy build up. It usually takes 2- 4 weeks for people to adjust to using shampoo bars rather than liquid shampoo. The amount of adjustment time required is based on a number of elements; scalp health, previously used products, how much oil your scalp produces, medication, diet, hormone levels and even the type of water you have (i.e. hard water vs soft). If it takes longer than 4 weeks, just stay patient. Like your skin, there may be a healing process involved, but it will get there.
For the seasoned shampoo bar users, a vinegar rinse, once in a while, is a great way to give you shine, fewer tangles, and a healthier scalp.
Vinegar Rinse Recipe:
- Add 1 cup vinegar to 2 cups warm water
- Add a drop of essential oil if you like
- Work into hair
Don't worry, you'll smell like vinegar but ONLY until your hair dries! After it dries, no more vinegar smell! You can rinse out the vinegar rinse mix or you can leave it in! The benefits of leaving it in are that you'll have fewer tangles and helps if you have an itchy scalp!
How to use our Tresses to Toes CP Soap on your hair:
- Make sure you get your hair good and wet. This will help with the lather.
- Remember a little goes a long way. Focus your lather on the roots, and don't worry about the ends of your hair. Enough soap will work its way down through the ends to ensure its clean too.
- Rinse well with luke-warm water.
- Shaving Soap – all of our cold pressed soaps make amazing alternatives to conventional shaving creams. Just lather up and apply to your legs like you would a shaving cream and get to business. The oils in our soaps make shaving a smooth success.
How to Make Your Soap Bars Last
Once you've tried handmade soap you’ll want every silky, skin-loving bubble to last! Thankfully, we won't stop making handmade soap anytime soon BUT there are definitely some tricks to making each bar last as long as possible.
- Don't leave your handmade soap in the tub while you're soaking.
- Make sure your handmade soap isn't in the water stream; keep it in a corner of the shower or tub where it won't be constantly hit by water.
- Use a soap dish that provides appropriate drainage so your soap bar can dry properly between uses.
- Rub your soap bar onto a washcloth & use that to get clean rather than rubbing the soap bar right onto your body.
- Store your soap bars in their packaging and in a cool dry place until you're ready to use them.
- Consider cutting your soap bars in half and only putting one-half in the shower at a time.
Our Cold Press Soaps are made from scratch using old world techniques and clean and kind ingredients. The care that was put into soap making years ago, as well as the recipes that were passed down from generation to generation, make their come back with these creamy, soft soaps that produce spectacular lather! We use specific oils in our soap batches that are known to be mild on the skin while producing great lather! In fact, they lather up so well that they can easily be used to shave with!
There are no shortcuts when it comes to the cold press method - these soaps take weeks to cure but are well worth the wait! Our handmade method of soap making ensures the most amount of glycerin possible is retained, unlike commercial soap making. Retaining the glycerin makes a softer, milder soap which is emollient and moisturizing to the skin.
Our Cold Press Soap is ideal for those with sensitive skin, for conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis, or anyone allergic to commercial soap because they don't strip the skin of its natural, beneficial oils. In fact, they are mild enough to use on babies' delicate skin.
These soaps do not contain any colours or scents. Instead, they are made with the freshest, highest quality ingredients, coloured with natural clays, and scented with essential oils and phthalate-free fragrance oils.
If you haven't experienced the world of green beauty cold press soaps then you are in for a real treat! Many bath & body lovers say that once you try cold press soaps that have been made with the quality ingredients and utmost care, that there's go going back to anything they were using before!
What's the Difference Between Handcrafted Soap and "Commercial" Soap?
Commercial soaps are manufactured in large factories (often located overseas) staffed with anonymous employees, using the most economical ingredients. Often, they contain harsh detergents and most have the glycerin removed.
Our handcrafted soaps, on the other hand, are manufactured locally in small batches with the personal oversight and care of long-time soapmaker. Owner, Jamie makes use of high-quality ingredients, including speciality oils and botanical additives to personalize her formulations.
The creative artistry of Jamie results in soaps that are different and unique, offering you a wide selection of soaps that are not only clean and kind on your skin but functional and beautiful as well.
Hemp Seed Oil:
- Rich in both Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids
- Delivers much-needed moisture to the skin
- Provides anti-inflammatory relief while helping to protect the skin by locking in moisture and water
- Vitamins E and A are beneficial in the healing of breakouts, lesions, burns and more
Tea Tree Oil:
- Known for the disinfecting properties
- Stops acne-causing bacteria in its tracks
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties helping to sooth breakouts and other skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis
- Speeds up the healing process for small wounds and breakouts
Full ingredients list
Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Hemp Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil
- Palm Oil: Certified sustainable
- As always, our products are made with clean and kind ingredients. They're free of...
- Petro ingredients
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) / SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- Propylene Glycol
- Size: 125 – 155 G
- Packaged in a recyclable paper wrapper
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hello. My Skin is closest to a desert marigold. I have incredibly clog prone skin on face and body, a weak barrier that's easily compromised, and oily/dehydrated skin with continual breakouts that's mature (in my 30's now) . I have been looking at your soaps and have been trying to decide on which one to take a chance on....thoughts?
Hi there! Thanks for your question. Aside from our Charcoal CP Soap (for the detox process) and the Patchouli & Grapefruit soap (for certain types of acne prone skin) which were formulated for the face, we don't recommend using the soap bars on your face, but rather your body. While they are completely natural and won't hurt, their formulas aren't created with the specific needs of our facial skin in mind. What I would recommend though is doing our Find Your Perfect Cleanser/Exfoliator Quiz. This quiz will pinpoint exactly which cleanser will help you target your specific skin needs. We have lots of cleansers to choose so we designed this quiz to help you narrow the choice to the product that will be the most effective for you. Hope this helps to clarify some confusion.