Calendula and Oat Facial Moisturizer
This product is currently sold out.
Seeing red? We can help with that. Whether it’s rosacea, ultra-sensitive skin or inflammation from breakouts, this moisturizer will help take away the redness and restore the radiance. The Calendula & Oat Facial Moisturizer is specially formulated with a number of key ingredients that reduce and even help prevent redness by targeting the inflammation behind it. We've included calendula, rose and cucumber extracts, plus oat flour, all of which are known for their abilities to help reduce inflammation below the skin's surface. Well recognized for their abilities to help speed up the skin's healing process, these ingredients make this an excellent choice for those dealing with acne breakouts.
Not sold yet? Wait, we haven’t even mentioned the zinc! This powerhouse ingredient can’t be ignored. While all of our facial moisturizers contain either zinc or titanium dioxide (to help fight free radicals by blocking UV rays - see our “additional information” section about being sun safe), this one packs a punch! We've loaded this rich, daily moisturizer with zinc that's non-greasy. Zinc also adds to the inflammation reduction properties of this moisturizer and helps lock moisture in where it’s needed most! Constantly battling oily skin? Zinc also contains great mattifying properties that help contain and control excess oil throughout the day.
We've got more too! On top of everything mentioned above, we also injected this moisturizer with sunflower oil and turmeric. Sunflower oil is a great source of vitamin E and provides tonnes of antioxidant support for the skin. Once absorbed, it delivers moisture deep below the skin's surface. Turmeric, on the other hand, has been used in Ayurvedic practices for centuries because of its ability to improve circulation and reducing the effects of rosacea and other inflammatory conditions.
In a nutshell
- Made for those with extra sensitive skin
- Packed with mattifying, protective zinc
- Infused with calming oats and soothing plant extracts
- Non-greasy, rich formula
- Nourishes and feeds the skin with antioxidants and barrier repairing lipids
- Formulated with clean and kind ingredients
Find out more about these icons here.
- Cleanse your skin. We recommend using in combination with your recommended cleanser. Not sure what that is? Take the Quiz to find out here!
- Apply your hydrator, plus any other routine booster products (i.e. serums/mists/etc.)
- Start by applying a nickel-sized amount of the moisturizer to the whole face. A little goes a long way with this rich moisturizer, so start light and add more as needed.
- Due to the zinc content of this moisturizer, it’s best to apply while your hydrator has not fully absorbed. This will make this mattifying moisturizer easier to spread. You can alternatively add a few drops of your favourite serum or hydrator and mix with the moisturizer in your palm before application.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your neck as well. This area is often forgotten and can show our age if we aren’t taking proper care of it.
- Allow to absorb before moving onto foundation. If using mineral foundation, allow to fully absorb for a minimum of 5 mins. Cream foundations can be applied once the majority has been absorbed in the first few minutes.
- Derived from the marigold family
- Known for its ability to be a strong anti-inflammatory thanks to the rich flavonoids
- Combination of oils and acids are fantastic antibacterial support for the skin
- Keeps acne-causing bacteria at bay
- Known for its ability to help reduce the appearance of age spots and restoring a natural glow
- Full of antioxidants, it protects against free radical damage
- An antiseptic known for soothing inflammation below the skin’s surface
- Known for its anti-inflammatory properties that soothe itchy and inflamed skin
- Beta-glucan helps create a protective moisture barrier for the skin and delivers deep penetrating moisture to dry and depleted skin
- Believed to improve the tone and texture of your skin
- Contains broad-spectrum protection and anti-inflammatory properties
- Speeds-up healing
- Fantastic antibacterial that helps to regulate sebum/oil production
- Aids in reducing redness caused by bacterial infections
- Shown major gains in improving inflammation, especially for those who suffer from rosacea
- Contains curcumin that provides antioxidant properties that can help with hyperpigmentation
- Contains a ton of Vitamin E, Vitamin A, and other antioxidants
- Helps to neutralize free radicals
- Is lightweight and easily absorbed by the skin to restore moisture
- Fatty acids are great for helping improve skin tone and texture
- Our natural sebum’s identical twin
- Helps replenish the essential fatty acids needed to repair and protect our lipid barrier
- Known as an "occlusive", meaning it's an ingredient that allows the skin to breathe while also preventing trans-epidermal water loss
Aqua (Water) infused with Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract & Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract & Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Petal Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Sorbitan Olivate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Argania Spinsosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Powder, Xanthan Gum
- Zinc: Approximately 20%
- Polyhydroxystearic Acid: Vegan-sourced stearic acid / Suspending agent
- As always, our products are made with clean and kind ingredients. They're free of...
- Petro ingredients
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) / SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- Propylene Glycol
- Size: 2oz / 60g
- Packaged in a tinted glass jar
- Be sun safe! This product is not a sunscreen. While zinc helps block UV rays, and we love this moisturizer as a sun smart daily moisturizer, this product has not been tested for SPF. If the activities you have planned for the day means that being sun safe includes applying sunscreen to your body, be sure to also layer on a mineral sunscreen overtop of this product.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I've been using the Daily Detox Primer moisturizer and I really like it. I would like the sunscreen advantage of this product but is there anything I would be missing from the other moisturizer?
Hey there! It really depends on what you are seeking from a moisturizer.
Both moisturizers offer mattifying properties and healing/inflammation support for your skin.
Otherwise, they are quite different in the advantages they offer.
The Calendula & Oat is developed with ultra-sensitive skin in mind. Everything in this formula is meant to help calm irritated and inflamed skin, reduce redness and provide extra sun protection (as this tends to be a major trigger from those with sensitive skin).
The Daily Detox Primer Moisturizer is meant to support the skin in other ways. The mix of the four clays in this moisturizer helps to maintain pore health, continually detoxify the skin, improve texture and tone, plus much more.
One option would be to use the Calendula & Oat moisturizer during the daytime (for the sun protection) and the Daily Detox overnight. This is a great option for getting the benefits of both moisturizers.