Clean Slate Black Mascara
This product is currently sold out.
No more racoon eyes. No more droopy lashes. No more clumpy messes.
Even though our eyes are one of the most sensitive areas on our body, conventional mascaras, traditionally, are some of the most toxic products available on the beauty market. Finding a clean and kind mascara can be tough, especially one that does everything you expect in a mascara.
Our Clean Slate Black Mascara doesn’t just give you volume and length, it restores and conditions your lashes to a healthy state with Vitamin E. It won’t smudge or budge, crease or weigh down your lashes. It stays put and will do so until you’re ready to wash it off (which of course it does without having to use harsh makeup removers). Sensitive skin and eyes? No worries, we’ve formulated it with extra care to make sure that even contact wearer can use it!
What’s the secret? It’s not really a secret at all! We formulate using rice powder, a well-kept, ancient beauty trick. Not only is rice powder a green alternative to Talc (most commonly used in drugstore brands), It provides a buildable thickening agent for longer, fuller lashes. Rice powder also gives our Clean Slate Black Mascara its smooth application, helping you avoid those nasty clumps.
Above: Before (left) and After (right) applying the Clean Slate Black Mascara. Thank you to A Clothes Horse Blog for reviewing our mascara!
In a nutshell:
- All-in-one formula (lengths, thickens and conditions)
- Long wear, vegetarian formula
- Safe for sensitive skin & eyes
- Formulated with clean and kind ingredients
Find out more about these icons here.
Once you’ve got the rest of your makeup in place, grab your Clean Slate Black Mascara for the finishing touch.
- Placing the brush parallel to your eye, start at the base of your lashes, and work the brush in a zig-zag motion from root to tip.
- For your bottom lashes, use the tip of the brush, in the same manner, only holding the brush perpendicular this time.
- Let dry and then give yourself a flirty wink because you’re now ready to take on the world girl!
- For a more dramatic look, apply more than one coat. Let stand to dry for a few seconds in between applications. You can also curl your lashes before applying the mascara for a more wide-eyed appeal.
- Avoid the bad habit of “pumping” your wand between lash applications. We promise you there’s enough on the wand to coat all your lashes without having to reload the brush. Simply turn the wand. Pumping will increase the amount of air that gets into the tube, which can cause the mascara to dry out, and therefore shortening its shelf life.
- Just like you've likely learned with traditional mascaras, it's best to use up your mascara within 3 months from the time you started using it. After 3 months it's recommended to start on a fresh tube.
- Alternative for its toxic counterpart, talc.
- Provides a silky finish and helps to build natural looking volume and length.
- Controls oil throughout the day, keeping lashes looking fresh.
- Naturally conditions your lashes
- Helps to strengthen and thicken hair
- Promotes lash growth
Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Organic Beeswax, Organic Glycerin (Vegetable), Organic Carnauba Wax, Stearic Acid, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydrogenated Glyceryl Abietate, Acacia (Arabic) Gum, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Pullulan Gum, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Bark Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E),
May contain: Iron Oxide, Ultramarine, Zinc Oxide
- Beeswax: Locally sourced and ethically harvested
- Glycerol: Vegetable based
- Tocopherol: Gluten-free / sunflower-derived
- As always, our products are made with clean and kind ingredients. They're free of...
- Petro ingredients
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) / SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- Propylene Glycol
- Size: 8g / .28oz
- Packaged in a recyclable tube
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.