Patchouli Facial Moisturizer
This product is currently sold out.
When you have sensitive or highly reactive skin then you know how easily easy it can be sent into a downward spiral, whether it’s acne, irritation, eczema or just super sensitive skin.
This moisturizer is crafted with the most healing ingredients Mother Nature has to offer, including patchouli oil which is known for its unique ability to combat skin irritations, acne and inflammation. This is the first product Batty made to directly target acne, and it's since become one of our best sellers.
This rich and creamy moisturizer penetrates deep to rejuvenate and nourish your skin without leaving it feeling greasy. Additionally, Batty's Patchouli Moisturizer provides strong anti-inflammatory relief to reduce the pain and irritation caused by breakouts.
In a Nutshell
- Protects, nourishes, hydrates, and softens skin
- Absorbs deep into skin's layers to help skin retain moisture
- Repairs damaged skin and provides protection against free radicals
- Provides anti-inflammatory support (which also soothes irritation and helps stop acne in its tracks)
- Reduces skin’s exposure to the elements and pollution
- Helps oily and combination skin find balance
- Contains astringent properties
- Mild bacteria fighting properties (Super important when fighting acne)
- Heals, soothes and calms skin naturally
Find out more about these icons here.
Patchouli Oil: Patchouli is the star of the show in this formula and there's no shortage of reasons why! Let's look at a few of them!
- Patchouli oil helps alleviate the symptoms of acne and eczema thanks to its ability to reduce inflammation. This is SO important for acne prone skin - stopping the inflammation stops the formation of acne (meaning if you can stop inflammation, you can stop acne in its tracks so your skin can start healing).
- Patchouli is antiseptic and a prophylactic which means it helps deter and fight infection - important when we are trying to clear skin conditions that can leave open wounds or spots.
- Patchouli has therapeutic cicatrisant properties. Cicatrisant means that patchouli helps the skin by supporting skin-healing, wound healing and cell regenerative.
- Therapeutic cicatrisant oils, like patchouli, are amazing because they help repair damage to the skin on a cellular level. They also stimulate the growth of new skin cells - which means they to help prevent breakouts from leading to scars and signs of aging.
- Patchouli has gentle antibacterial properties that help to eliminate acne bacteria from spreading.
- Patchouli is a therapeutic astringent which means it can help improve your skin's appearance by minimizing pores and balancing our skin oils
- Patchouli is grounding and balancing for our nerves and emotions thanks to it having therapeutic sedative properties. Its aroma is warm, sweet, smoky and earthy. Not only is this a calming combo, but it's also uplifting. Treating our senses to a calming and uplifting blend regularly is so good for our mental and emotional health. Why does this matter in a facial moisturizer for acne prone skin? Because for most acne sufferers, emotional and mental stress triggers a flare-up of acne, which means it's so important for us to keep a handle on our stress so it doesn't spark internal inflammation that can trigger breakouts.
Cocoa Seed Butter: This oil is rich in antioxidants that prevent free radical damage that can lead to early signs of aging. Fatty acids like oleic acid and stearic acid protect the skin and help maintain the skin’s lipid barrier. These fatty acids are able to penetrate deep below the surface to deliver much-needed moisture well below the skin’s surface. It’s anti-inflammatory properties also make it an excellent choice for soothing and healing skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Shea Butter: This natural butter is rich in vitamins A and E that provide antioxidant protection from free radicals. It’s lightweight, yet rich consistency makes it easy for our skin to absorb where it delivers healing and anti-inflammatory to an inflamed/irritated skin. Vitamin F also promotes collagen production to help slow down the signs of aging and maintain elasticity, keeping skin soft and supple.
Green Tea Extract: This extract is packed with antioxidants (which stop free radicals in their tracks) and helps reduce inflammation - including inflammation caused by rosacea and acne. Green tea, because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, can also slow down some signs of aging.
Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect your skin from damaging toxins and free radicals from pollution, drugs, or UV light (the sun). Vitamin E also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also plays a huge role in many of my products because it helps keep ingredients from being oxidized and turning rancid.
Full ingredients list
Organic Cocoa Seed Butter, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Glycerin (soy), Deionized Water, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Mango Butter, Organic Cupuaçu Butter, Organic Palm Oil (certified sustainable), Organic Patchouli Essential Oil, Organic Japanese Green Tea Extract, Stearic Acid (natural, plant-based fatty acid), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (coconut & glycerin derived / vegan), Vitamin E (soy derived), Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate (100% renewably-sourced plant-based emulsifier / vegan & petroleum free / sustainable palm oil derived), Zemea® (100% renewably-sourced ingredient from corn sugar / 100% natural /approved by Ecocert and by the Natural Products Association (NPA)), Titanium Dioxide (natural oxide / non-nano), Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium Levulinate, Organic Grapefruit Seed Oil, Rosemary Extract, Radish Root Ferment Filtrate (natural preservative)
- Cleanse your skin. We recommend using in combination with your recommended Batty’s Bath cleanser. Not sure what that is? Take the Quiz to find out HERE!
- Apply your hydrator, plus any other routine booster products (i.e. serums/mists/etc.) and allow them to fully absorb.
- Start by applying a nickel sizes amount of the moisturizer to the whole face. A little goes a long way with this rich moisturizer, so start light and add more as needed.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your neck as well. This area is often forgotten and can show our age if we aren’t taking proper care of it.
- Allow to absorb before moving onto foundation. If using mineral foundation, allow to fully absorb for a minimum of 5 mins. Cream foundations can be applied once the majority has been absorbed in the first few minutes.
- Size: 2oz / 60g
- Packaged in a tinted glass jar
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.