Pumpkin Enzyme Cream Facial Mask with Probiotics
This product is currently sold out.
In a nutshell:
- Super easy to use mask that requires next to no time commitment
- Gentle and deep cleaning (great for congested skin!)
- Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients for the skin
- Supports the skin’s microbiome with probiotics
- Soothing and calming for skin that needs a break!
- Repairs and fortifies this skin
- No messy application or clean up
- Non-greasy, creamy feel
- No added fragrance, scents, or essential oils
- 100% natural, vegan, cruelty-free
What makes this mask so special? The ingredients of course!
Pumpkin may just be your new best friend!
Not only does this mask provide lipid barrier support (more on that soon), it also contains pumpkin enzymes - the gentlest AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) available.
In fact, pumpkin enzyme is so gentle that it could be compared to glycerin on the skin-loving scale!
So if you’ve wanted to experience the congestion-busting, deep cleaning benefits of fruit enzymes but your skin is too sensitive or reactive for pineapple, orange, or lemon AHAs, pumpkin may just be your new best friend!
Could your skin use boost in keeping it balanced, healthy and radiant? If so, that’s where our the probiotics and lipid repair ingredients come in!
Yup, I said probiotics!
You’ve probably heard about “good bacteria,” aka probiotics.
This mask contains Lactobacillus, the most common probiotic found in food; however it has fantastic benefits for the skin as well.
Probiotics (such as lactobacillus) help support our skin’s microbiome (aka the microflora that lives on the surface of our skin).
You see, keeping our skin’s microbiome balanced (aka having enough good bacteria) is precisely where probiotics come in by giving the microbiome a boost of good bacteria!
Not only do probiotics themselves help create balance, but what they break down into help out our skin. In fact, they break down into incredibly beneficial substances such as hyaluronic acid (you might know this fantastic ingredient from our Calendula Gentle Gel Hydrator), peptides, and vitamins.
A straight-forward support system for your skin:
If supporting the microflora on your skin wasn’t enough, we’ve also packed this mask with mother nature’s best ingredients for supporting and repairing our lipid barrier!
You see, our lipid barrier is our skin’s natural moisturizer barrier that, when healthy and robust…
- keeps our microflora happy, provides our skin from environmental stressors (for example: harsh temperatures, whipping winds, and changes in humidity),
- ensures that our skin can hold on to hydration (which reduces congestion, helps our skin feel more comfortable, soft and smooth, and keeps our skin form kicking oil production into high gear)
- Reduces triggers for redness and sensitivity (a must for sensitive or reactive prone skin like rosacea and acne skin types).
The lipid barrier repairing and supporting ingredients in this mask include avocado oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower seed oil, calendula oil, and sea buckthorn oil.
Each of these oils is packed with vitamins, nutrients and barrier repairing fatty acids.
Combined they provide the skin with vitamins A, B1, B2, B complex, D, E, and beta-carotene (which is excellent at providing your skin with a radiant glow).
Calming congestion relief:
If you know how rough it can be to try out a new mask only to have your skin react with a breakout or irritation, we’ve created this mask for you!
How did we do that?
We made our Pumpkin Enzyme Cream Mask to be restorative (aka a reset for the skin) as well as address the common causes of mask-induced-breakouts.
This mask contains plant-based oils that are compatible with congestion prone skin including a helpful dose of sea buckthorn oil.
Sea buckthorn oil is known to:
- Soothe acne (as well as reduce the chance of future breakouts thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties)
- Thin out other oils (thanks to high level of linoleic acid) which is a huge bonus for congestion prone skin!
- Calm the skin down while providing a big dose of nutrients that aid in the repair of damaged skin cells.
As easy as moisturizing!
If you know you’d like to be supporting your skin more often but find yourself forgetting about doing a facial mask (or when you do remember, don’t actually have the time or energy to “do a mask” - we've all been there!), then you're going to love this mask!
We’ve made the application of this mask low maintenance, straight-forward, and fool-proof!
You literally can’t use this mask wrong!
Apply it in a thin layer before bed to let it work its magic overnight (it can be applied right over top of your other skin care products).
Or, if “mask and relax” is more your style, apply it to a freshly washed face in a thicker layer then let it work it’s magic while your soak in the tub, read a good book, or catch up on Netflix!
Find out more about these icons here.
You literally can’t use this mask wrong! Just be sure to apply to freshly cleansed skin OR on top of your other skin care products after washing your face. The key is to wash your face whether you’re applying other products first (like a hydrator and/or moisturizer) or whether you’ll be applying the mask right after cleansing.
Besides the above caveat, apply the mask any time and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes. The ingredients will start to absorb right away.
If while wearing the mask, the ingredients fully absorb into your skin, feel free to skip washing it off! The ingredients are that gentle and that beneficial!
This mask can be applied before bed and left on over tonight. If used this way, gently rub the mask in until the ingredients absorb into your skin. Then wash your face in the morning and go about your usual skincare routine.
If you’d prefer to apply this mask without rubbing it in or leaving it on for an extended period of time, simply wash your face, then apply the mask (a thin layer is all that’s needed, but use thickness that feels comfortable for your skin), and leave it on for at least 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water and apply a hydrator and a moisturizer.
- Probiotic that helps support the skin’s microbiome
- Super gentle alpha hydroxy acids that deep clean and rid the skin of congestion
- Antioxidants that slow the look of ageing and boost circulation
- Repair scarred and blemished skin
- Prevent moisture loss
- Soothing relief to skin
- Deeply cleanse pores and balance oil production
- Reduce discolouration and fade blemishes
Sea Buckthorn Oil
- A balancing oil
- Great for combo skin, ageing, acne, rosacea
- Contains vitamin E
- Contains linoleic acid which is known for being wound healing, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, soothes acne and reduces the chance of future breakouts, helps other oils thin out which can be beneficial for congestion prone skin
- Helps protect skin from the elements
- Plumps the skin up with a big dose of nutrients that help repair damaged skin cells.
- Often considered an excellent ingredient for rosacea-prone skin due to its repairing and anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains vitamin B complex, folic acid, vitamin C and carotene (a precursor of vitamin A)
- Rapidly absorbed by the skin
- Avocado oil is made out of a brilliant blend of fatty acids which are known to delay the appearance of premature again, even out skin tone by brightening it, enhance skin elasticity, soften the skin, provide a dose of antioxidants (which fight off free radicals), provide anti-inflammatory properties to the skin to keep it calm and comfortable, soothe acne and reduce the chance of future breakouts, balance oily and combo skin
- Contains vitamin A, B1, B2, D, E, and Beta-carotene.
- Includes beta-carotene which soothes acne and inflamed skin, reduces the appearance of age spots, and provides a skin-loving dose of antioxidants
- Antioxidants and nutrients that protect the skin from environmental stressors
- High content of omega 6 fatty acids that nourish and improve the texture of the skin
- Rapidly absorbed by the skin
- Light and dry oil
- Helps protect the skin’s moisturize barrier and relieve itching due to dry skin
- Great for dull and stressed skin
Sunflower Seed Oil
- High amounts of vitamin A, B, D, and E, minerals.
- Plus beneficial amounts of lecithin and unsaturated fatty acids
- Great for dry and damaged skin
Full Ingredients List
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Emulsifying Wax NF, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Caprylyl Glycol & Sorbic Acid, Mica, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Fruit Ferment Filtrate, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Lactobacillus Ferment & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract
- Stearic Acid - Plant-based fatty acid
- Vitamin E - Soy-derived
- Lactobacillus Ferment & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract - Salicylate-free / Contains coconut extract- not the same as coconut oil
- Mica - No nanoparticles
- Size: 60g / 2oz
- Packaged in a frosted, glass jar (re-useable/recyclable)
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Just curious about the consistency when it dries on the skin--Is it similar to the pink clay or any other batty's mask? Thank you! Excited to try!
Thanks for your question!
This is a cream mask so it has a consistency that's similar to a moisturizer. The longer it's on your skin, the more it will absorb but doesn't "dry" per say. Instead, it just provides a nourishing layer for your skin to draw nutrients, vitamins, and essential fatty acids from. If left on long enough, and if it's applied in a layer that's thicker than your skin can absorb in that time, it will get a slightly tacky feel to it.
I hope that helps :)