Balance Serum - Oil Balancing
This product is currently sold out.
Whether your skin has always been oily, or it's recently become an overactive oil pumping machine, Batty’s Balance Serum is formulated with ingredients that get things under control! And if you’re struggling with oily skin or acne, getting oil production under control is super important! Why? Besides oily skin being annoying (hello shiny oily mess by mid-day!), oily skin makes the perfect breeding ground for acne-causing bacteria! Bacteria that is completely natural and normal to the makeup of our skin, but once an oily environment is introduced, that bacteria starts multiplying exponentially (which causes irritation, inflammation, and acne!). So, let’s get that under control, shall we?
Balance Serum has ingredients that are similar to your skin’s sebum (your skin’s natural oil barrier), which is a good thing. Why? Because our skin often starts over producing oil in response to its protective barrier being depleted or damaged. By adding Balance Serum to your skin, over time, your skin notices that a healthy and complete barrier has been created and this slows down the production of oil!
If that wasn’t awesome enough, excess oil (sebum) actually dissolves into the Balance Serum (thanks to jojoba oil!). What that means is not only does this serum work towards solving oily skin in the long term, it also helps break down excess oil in the short term!
And Balance Serum doesn’t stop there! It also contains vitamin C! Why does that matter? Well, vitamin C does a lot of amazing things for the skin, but the benefit that those of us with oily skin and/or acne are most interested in is its natural ability to reduce redness and discoloration (including uneven colour left over from acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage).
Looking for help with clogged congested pores? Balance Serum tackles that too! How? By helping your skin to naturally dissolve any hardened clogs of debris & dead skin cells that are sitting in your pores causing congestion!
Balance Serum also tonnes, regenerates, protects against free radicals (hello anti-oxidants!), prevents the growth of/destroys bacteria (super important when clearing up acne!), and contains a whole host of helpful skin loving proteins, minerals, and vitamins including vitamin A & E, zinc, essential fatty acids omega 3 & omega 6, gamma linoleic acid (GLA), and vitamin C.
In a nutshell:
- Balances oily skin (goodbye excess oil!)
- Reduces redness and hyperpigmentation (caused by acne scars or sun damage)
- Frees up clogged pores by dissolving trapped debris
I already use a moisturizer! Why add a serum?
I don’t believe in adding more products to your skin care routine then needed, so you might be wondering why I’ve added serums to my line!
First off, I use them all the time! Why? Because serums are liquid tonics that are packed with vitamins, anti-oxidants and natural ingredients that contain active properties that target specific concerns. So if there’s something specific you want to work on, serums are an easy way to add some extra oomph to your routine!
Secondly, serums are formulated to penetrate deep into your skin so they can heal and target specific concerns. They are able to penetrate deeper than moisturizers and can help restore skin to a balanced state (and isn’t that the point?). Plus, they are non-comedogenic, so no need to worry about clogged pores or a greasy residue.
Although serums can be moisturizing, their main purpose is to add nutrients deep into your skin that a moisturizer isn’t able to reach and keep the hydration levels in your skin stable. Having said that, keep your moisturizer in your routine! Applying your moisturizer after you apply a serum will lock the serum into your skin allowing the serum to do its best work without evaporating into the air.
Find out more about these icons here.
- Apply your serum after applying your mist (if you’re using one), and before your moisturizer. While moisturizers help lock serums into your skin, serums help lock mists into your skin! You don’t have to wait for the mist to fully absorb before applying your serum. But you should wait a few minutes between applying your serum and moisturizer.
- Apply any time after you wash your face (hands, or other affected area).
- During the winter, our skin needs extra help staying hydrated and protected from the elements. So, layer up your protection by using a mist, serum, and moisturizer before heading out into the cold (or spending a lot of time in the dry indoor air!).
- Our natural sebum’s identical twin
- Helps replenish the essential fatty acids needed to repair and protect our lipid barrier
- Known as an "occlusive", meaning it's an ingredient that allows the skin to breathe naturally while also preventing trans-epidermal water loss
Green Tea Extract
- Packed with antioxidants
- Stops free radicals in their tracks and helps reduce inflammation, including inflammation caused by rosacea and acne
- Slows down some signs of ageing
- Contains impressive amounts of antioxidants
- Known to aid in the brightening of skin
- Protects from free radicals
- A natural alternative to drugstore toners- helps reduce dark spots and other sun damage
- Increases collagen production
- The perfect thickness for skin application and is commonly used as the base for green beauty products
- Polyphenols make this an excellent choice for treating acne
- Contains healthy amounts of vitamin C, D & E
- Brightens and smooths out your complexion
- Extracted from the seeds of the plant
- High in essential fatty acids, specifically linoleic acid
- Part of the Omega 6 family, linoleic acid is known to help suppress inflammation and provide needed moisture
Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Delivers a healthy dose of vitamins and antioxidants like zinc and vitamin B
- Boosts collagen production to fight signs of ageing
- Provides inflammation relief to keep your skin calm and clear
- Essential fatty acids help restore and build your lipid barrier
- Helps ease irritation from skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne and dry, flaky skin
- Fast-drying oil that is easily absorbed by the skin
- Delivers ingredients deep into the skin where it’s needed most
- Aids in the evening of skin tone
- Improves skin’s elasticity
- Antioxidants boost the healing process of skin
- Helps regulate oil production
- Antimicrobial and antiseptic properties fight skin conditions like acne
- Helps reduce the swelling of skin tissue caused by inflammation
Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil*, Curcurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil*, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C),
- Lactobacillus Ferment & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract: Salicylate-free / Contains coconut extract- not the same as coconut oil
- Size: 1oz / 30g
- Packaged in a glass bottle with a dropper lid.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
If I have a mist, hydra healing gel, moisturizer and this serum, how do I use all 4 products together? Or should I not use that many at once? Thanks.
Hey there! Great question. We recommend applying in the order of hydrator then moisturizer after cleansing, so here is what I would probably recommend you do... AM (for daytime): Apply your mist Hydrator and either your moisturizer or serum to seal in the hydration. PM: Hydra Healing as your hydrator and moisturizer. You can top off everything with a layer of the serum at nights as well for an extra dose of TLC for the skin that will absorb slowly. Hope this helps to clarify <3