Calendula and Oat Facial Moisturizer
This product is currently sold out.
Seeing red? We can help with that. Whether it’s rosacea, ultra-sensitive skin or break out inflammation, this moisturizer will help take away the redness and restore the radiance. The Calendula & Oat Facial Moisturizer is specially formulated with a number of key ingredients that reduce and even help prevent redness by targeting the inflammation behind it. We've included calendula, rose and cucumber extracts, plus oat flour, all of which are known for their abilities to help reduce inflammation below the skin's surface. Well recognized for their abilities to help speed-up the skin's natural healing process, these ingredients make this an excellent choice for those dealing with acne breakouts.
Not sold yet? Wait, we haven’t even mentioned the zinc! This powerhouse ingredient can’t be ignored While all of our facial moisturizers contain sun-blocking ingredients (either zinc or titanium dioxide), this one packs a punch! We've loaded this moisturizer with broad-spectrum protection that's non-greasy and lightweight. Zinc also adds to the inflammation reduction properties of this moisturizer and helps lock moisture in where it’s needed most! Constantly battling oily skin? Zinc also contains great mattifying properties that help contain and control excess oil throughout the day.
We've got more too! On top of everything mentioned above, we also injected this moisturizer with sunflower oil and turmeric. Sunflower Oil is a great source of vitamin E and provides tonnes of antioxidant support for the skin. It's lightweight and easily absorbed to deliver moisture deep below the skin's surface. Turmeric, on the other hand, has been used in Ayurvedic practices for centuries because of its ability to improve circulation and reducing the effects of rosacea and other inflammatory conditions.
In a nutshell:
- Made 100% natural ingredients
- Reduces redness by attacking inflammation below the skin’s surface
- Ultra soothing for irritated skin
- Provides moisture and broad-spectrum sun protection
- Fights free radical damage caused by UV rays
- Safe for those with even the most sensitive of skin
- Recommend Batty’s Bath Facial Moisturizer for those with Rosacea
- Lightweight, non-greasy formula
- Lock moisture in and help restore damaged lipid barriers
- Mattifies excess oil to help control shine
Calendula Extract: This plant extract is derived from the marigold family and is known in skincare for its ability to be a strong anit-inflammatory thanks to the rich flavonoids this plant is packed with. The combination of oils and acids in this extract are also famous for being fantastic antibacterial support for the skin, keeping acne causing bacteria and others at bay.
Cucumber Extract: This extract is known for its ability to help reduce the appearance of age spots and restoring a natural glow. Full of antioxidants, it protects against further free radical damage which is a major player in the aging of our skin. Cucumber extract is also a natural antiseptic and is known for soothing inflammation below the skin's surface.
Oat Powder: Oat powder is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties to soothe itchy and inflamed skin. The beta-glucan found in oats help create a protective moisture barrier for the skin and delivers deep penetrating moisture to dry and depleted skin. It's also believed to improve the tone and texture of your skin, leaving it feeling velvety soft.
Zinc: This mineral contains a tonne of benefits for the skin including broad-spectrum protection, anti-inflammatory properties, speeds-up healing and more. It's especially great for those who suffer from acne as it's a fantastic antibacterial, helps to regulate sebum/oil production, and aids in reducing redness caused by bacterial infections.
Turmeric: Most of think of this spice as adding flavour to our favourite dishes, but turmeric has been used for centuries in beauty because of its benefits for the skin. When used topically it has shown major gains in improving inflammation, especially for those who suffer from rosacea. On top of that, turmeric contains curcumin that provides antioxidant properties that can help with hyper-pigmentation.
Sunflower Oil: Not only is this oil fantastic for cooking with, but it also has heaps of benefits for skin too! Because it contains a tonne of Vitamin E, Vitamin A, and other antioxidants. It helps to neutralize free radicals and is lightweight and easily absorbed by the skin to restore moisture. The fatty acids are great for helping improve skin tone and texture as well.
Water, Calendula Extract + Cucumber Extract + Rose Petal Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Organic Glycerin (kosher / from sustainable palm / non-GMO / allergen free), Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Oat Kernel Flour, Jojoba Seed Oil, Turmeric Root Powder, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Argan Kernel Oil, Xanthan Gum
- Cleanse your skin. We recommend using in combination with your recommended Batty’s Bath cleanser. Not sure what that is? Take the Quiz to find out here!
- Apply your hydrator, plus any other routine booster products (i.e. serums/mists/etc.)
- Start by applying a nickel-sized amount of the moisturizer to the whole face. A little goes a long way with this rich moisturizer, so start light and add more as needed.
- Due to the zinc content of this moisturizer, it’s best to apply while your hydrator has not fully absorbed. This will make this mattifying moisturizer easier to spread. You can alternatively add a few drops of your favourite serum or hydrator and mix with the moisturizer in your palm before application.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your neck as well. This area is often forgotten and can show our age if we aren’t taking proper care of it.
- Allow to absorb before moving onto foundation. If using mineral foundation, allow to fully absorb for a minimum of 5 mins. Cream foundations can be applied once the majority has been absorbed in the first few minutes.
- Size: 2oz / 60g
- Packaged in a tinted glass jar
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I've been using the Daily Detox Primer moisturizer and I really like it. I would like the sunscreen advantage of this product but is there anything I would be missing from the other moisturizer?
Hey there! It really depends on what you are seeking from a moisturizer.
Both moisturizers offer mattifying properties and healing/inflammation support for your skin.
Otherwise, they are quite different in the advantages they offer.
The Calendula & Oat is developed with ultra-sensitive skin in mind. Everything in this formula is meant to help calm irritated and inflamed skin, reduce redness and provide extra sun protection (as this tends to be a major trigger from those with sensitive skin).
The Daily Detox Primer Moisturizer is meant to support the skin in other ways. The mix of the four clays in this moisturizer helps to maintain pore health, continually detoxify the skin, improve texture and tone, plus much more.
One option would be to use the Calendula & Oat moisturizer during the daytime (for the sun protection) and the Daily Detox overnight. This is a great option for getting the benefits of both moisturizers.