Charcoal Detox Mask
This product is currently sold out.
Our bestselling soap now in a mask? Who could ask for more! Well… how about all the goodness of our Charcoal Soap AND the greatest of Aloe Vera in one mighty jar? The dirt drawing active charcoal absorbs deep into your pores to remove built up oils and toxins that clog pores and cause breakouts. The Aloe Vera contains two crucial hormones (Auxin & Gibberellins) providing mystical powers that help to heal broken skin and reduce inflammation. Gibberellins also act a growth hormone, stimulating the production of new skin cells, minimizing the risk of scarring. For centuries, Aloe Vera has also been proven to help combat and effectively heal chronic skin conditions like psoriasis, acne and eczema in the Ayurvedic Medical Community (Hindu medicine based on herbal and mineral based healing).
Still haven’t gotten your attention? Let’s make lemonade then! Seriously… If there weren’t already enough goodies in our Charcoal Mask for you, let’s add Lemon Oil to the mix. It’s an omnipotent antioxidant, deep-cleaning, super maid for your skin that kills acne-causing bacteria. Oh, AND it’s a natural toner that won’t dry out your skin like the alcohol based, drugstore brands do.
In a nutshell:
- Aloe Packed
- Super Hydrating
- Soothing & calming for inflamed, irritated skin
- DEEP detoxification, DEEP purifying & even DEEPER clean!
- Acne prone and sensitive skin safe
- Helps prevent brown spots
- Lightens up hyper-pigmentation
Find out more about these icons here.
- Put on your favourite comfies and get ready to pamper yourself
- Apply liberally to your entire face, making sure to avoid the areas around your eyes
- Let stand for 30 minutes – 1 hour. Now’s the perfect time to catch up with your crazy Aunt Betty who always has awesome stories to tell you about. Why not give her a call.
- Wash your face with luke-warm water. Not too hot please, we don’t want to dry out our skin. You can use a washcloth but be gentle and try to pat rather than scrub.
- EXFOLIATE! This one is key. You’ve just finished bringing a whack-load of impurities to the surface of yours skin. It time to slough them away and say good riddance! We suggest using one of our exfoliating cleansers. To find the right product for you, click here (or take this quick quiz!).
Activated Charcoal: This natural mineral has been used for centuries in the medical field for its absorption abilities. Today, the cosmetic industry has recognized it for the same abilities and is used in many products as a detoxification ingredient. Used in natural skin care products, Active Charcoal can draw dirt, oils, toxins, and impurities to the skin's surface. Once it's pulled all these nasties to the surface, they can be easily be removed from the skin with proper cleansing.
Lemon Essential Oil: This fruit oil actually comes from the peel of a lemon and is known for its antibacterial properties. It keeps acne-causing bacteria at bay thanks to citric acid and Vitamin C. The citric acid is also recognized for its skin lightening and brightening effects. This helps smooth your complexion and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and acne scars.
Aloe Vera: A super hydrator known for its abilities to balance and regenerate skin. It also contains shaman-like healing properties that aid in the calming and healing of acne and irritated/sensitive skin.
Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect your skin from damaging toxins and free radicals from pollution, drugs, or UV light (the sun). Vitamin E also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also plays a huge role in many of my products because it helps keep ingredients from being oxidized and turning rancid. Batty’s Bath Vitamin E is gluten-free.
Full ingredients list
Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Organic Lemon Essential Oil, Vitamin E (gluten-free / soy derived), Activated Charcoal Powder, Radish Root Ferment Filtrate (Natural Preservative), Alkyl Acrylate
Our ingredients are never micronized (no nano particles here!)
- 2 oz / 60 g
- Packaged in a glass jar
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Should I wash my face before using the mask?
Hey there- It's always a good idea to do a quick cleanse if you're wearing make-up. That way the mask has nothing in its way. If you're not wearing makeup, then it's not totally necessary, but you can always splash with some lukewarm water if you feel like you need it. Just make sure it's a gentle cleanse as you need to do a proper exfoliation post mask to remove any impurities that have been brought to the surface.