"Clean Slate" Natural Black Mascara
This product is currently sold out.
Batting an eye has never felt so natural (literally) until now! No more racoon eyes. No more droopy lashes. No more clumpy messes. Even though our eyes are one of the most sensitive areas on our body, drug store mascaras, traditionally, are some of the most heavily chemically contaminated products available on the beauty market. Finding a natural mascara can be tough, especially one that does everything you expect in a mascara.
Batty’s Bath Clean Slate Mascara doesn’t just give you volume and length; it restores and conditions your lashes to a healthy state with Vitamin E. It won’t smudge or budge, crease or weigh down your lashes. It stays put and will do so until you’re ready to wash it off (which of course it does without having to use harsh makeup removers). Sensitive skin and eyes? No worries, we’ve formulated it with extra care to make sure that even contact wearer can use it!
What’s the secret? It’s not really a secret at all! We formulate using rice powder, a well-kept, ancient beauty trick. Not only is rice powder an all-natural alternative to Talc (most commonly used in drug store brands), it provides a buildable thickening agent for longer, fuller lashes. Rice Powder also give our Clean Slate Mascara its smooth application, helping you avoid those nasty clumps.
Above: Before (left) and After (right) applying Batty's Bath Clean Slate Mascara. Thank you to A Clothing Horse Blog for reviewing our mascara!
In a nutshell:
- All-in-one formula (lengths, thickens and conditions)
- Smudge proof
- Long wear
- 100 % natural
- Safe for sensitive skin & eyes
- Vegetarian & gluten free
Find out more about these icons here.
Once you’ve got the rest of your makeup in place grab your Clean Slate Mascara for the finishing touch.
- Placing the brush parallel to your eye, start at the base of your lashes, and work the brush in a zig-zag motion from root to tip.
- For your bottom lashes, use the tip of the brush, in the same manner, only holding the brush perpendicular this time.
- Let dry and then give yourself a flirty wink because you’re now ready to take on the world girl!
- For a more dramatic look, apply more than one coat. Let stand to dry for a few seconds in between applications. You can also curl your lashes before applying the mascara for a more wide-eyed appeal.
- Avoid the bad habit of “pumping” your wand between lash applications. We promise you there’s enough on the wand to coat all your lashes without having to reload the brush. Simply turn the wand. Pumping will increase the amount of air that gets into the tube, which can cause the mascara to dry out, and therefore shortening its shelf life.
- Just like you've likely learned with traditional mascaras, it's best to use up your mascara within 3 months from the time you started using it. After 3 months it's recommended to start on a fresh tube.
Rice Powder: this organic powder is known for its ability to be a safe, natural alternative for its toxic alternative, talc. When used in mascaras, it provides a silky finish and helps to build natural looking volume and length. If that wasn’t enough, it also helps to control oil throughout the day, keeping them looking fresh.
Vitamin E: This natural vitamin contains a tonne of benefits for our skin, but it can also provide lots of goodness for our lashes too! Not only does it naturally condition your lashes, it also helps to strengthen and thicken them. As an added bonus, this vitamin promotes natural lash growth.
Full ingredients list
Organic Chamomile Hydrosol (floral water), Carnuba Wax, Organic Beeswax (locally sourced & ethically harvested), Shellac Wax, Stearic Acid (natural plant based fatty acid), Organic Rice Powder, Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, Glycerol (vegetable based), Vitamin E (gluten free - sunflower-derived), Organic Soybean Lecithin, Rosemary Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Oregano Leaf Extract, Thyme Extract, Lavender Extract, Golden Seal Root Extract, Lemon Peel Extract, Cinnamon Bark Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Black Iron Oxide
- Size: 8g / .28oz
- Packaged in a recyclable tube