Cystic Acne + Oil Balancing Mask
This product is currently sold out.
Batty’s Cystic Acne Mask calms acne prone skin and combats external causes of acne including dehydration, bacteria, clogged pores, and irritation. As your skin calms (and inflammation is reduced), it will start to heal, making calming of the skin a vital step in clearing acne.
Thanks to a handful of carefully picked ingredients - each chosen for their acne fighting powers - Batty’s Cystic Acne Mask not only targets the external causes of acne but promotes healing. Packed with 200+ skin supporting nutrients (including vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and antioxidants), this mask promotes the removal of dead skin cells which helps prevent more pores becoming clogged. And what about those pores that are already clogged? This mask addresses them to by
- Pulling impurities and debris from pores
- Lubricating pores by hydrating the skin, making it easier for your skin to flush out dead skin cells and other debris BEFORE clogging your pores!
The hydrating ingredients in Batty’s Cystic Acne Mask do more than just calm, soothe, reduce inflammation, and reduce congestion (although those are all really important!). They also slow dehydration and moisture loss (which helps combat chronic acne-causing dehydration) and improves the texture of the skin and its elasticity. Why is this important? There are several reasons, but one of the most important ones is the anti-aging effects. Preventing anti-aging is important for people with acne-prone skin not only because our skin experiences so much damage because of acne but because many of us have used harsh acne treatments in the past. These harsh acne treatments promote premature signs of ageing, making our skin look much older than it is (even years after we’ve stopped using these harsh treatments)! Definitely not the look any of us are going for! Thankfully, Batty’s Cystic Acne Mask promotes renewal, healing, and balance - all the things we need to undo the damage from the past (and protect our skin from damage in the future!).
If that’s wasn’t enough, Batty’s Cystic Acne Mask also has some serious fighting power - as in bacterial, fungal, and viral fighting power! The ingredients in this mask kill acne-causing bacteria and help boost your skin's natural infection-fighting abilities. This combined with loads of antioxidants make this mask a serious force to be reckoned with (at least if your name is acne!), all while being super gentle on your skin and promoting rapid healing!
And Batty’s Cystic Acne Mask doesn’t stop there! It also contains vitamin C! Why does that matter? Well, vitamin C does a lot of amazing things for the skin, but the benefit that those of us with oily skin and/or acne are most interested in is its natural ability to reduce redness and discoloration (including uneven colour left over from acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage).
In a nutshell:
- Calms irritated, swollen, sore, acne-riddled skin
- Helps prevent clogged pores
- Kills acne causing bacteria
- Promotes a natural reduction in redness, discoloration, and hyper-pigmentation
- Hydrates deep into the layers of your skin (dehydration is a common cause of acne!) and slows moisture loss
- Detoxifying (gently pulls impurities from the skin)
- Promotes the removal of pore-clogging dead skin cells
- Restores and soothes damaged skin (especially damaged caused by acne)
- 100% natural and sensitive skin safe
Can I use this mask if I have rosacea?
Because all of the ingredients are super gentle, this mask is sensitive skin safe! Rosacea-prone skin may also see great results due to the hydrating, circulation promoting, anti-inflammatory, soothing, skin softening, damage restoring, anti-bacterial/fungal/viral properties! However, some folks with rosacea notice that their skin doesn't play nice with even small amounts of vitamin C. If you've used any of our other products that have vitamin C in them and your skin has given them the thumbs up, you should be ok with this mask (as the vitamin C levels are lower than in say, our Redness Relief Gel). However, if you have used our Redness Relief Gel or Pineapple Facial Scrub and your skin didn't find them gentle enough, this mask might not be right for you.
You may also want to check out our Hydra Healing Gel (which is highly recommended for those with rosacea!)
How you can balance acne-prone or oily skin even faster
- Read Batty's Skin Care 101: Acne (for causes + solutions)
- Follow my quick tips for balancing hormonal acne - fluctuating hormones can dictate how oily our skin is.
- Check out this flowchart to make sure the other products in your routine (including your makeup) are not causing your skin to produce excess oil.
- Use the Quick Stick as a spot treatment (especially on big or deep-under-the-skin pimples).
Boost your routine’s oil-zapping & cystic acne fighting power with Balance Serum, Green Tea & Pineapple Liquid Cleanser, Acne B.O.P Mist, Tea Tree Facial Scrub, Oil Absorbing Setting Powder, Facial Primer & Daily Detox Moisturizer, and Patchouli Facial Moisturizer.
Wondering what a daily routine would look like with these products? Wonder no more! Here’s how it would break down: AM (in order of use): Green Tea & Pineapple Liquid Cleanser, Acne B.O.P Mist, Facial Primer & Daily Detox Moisturizer, (if you wear makeup, apply Mineral Foundation now), and lastly, Oil Absorbing Setting Powder. PM (in order of use): Tea Tree Facial Scrub, (if you’re using a hydration product, apply it now. For example, Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel), Balance Serum, and lastly, Patchouli Facial Moisturizer. You may want to apply the Patchouli Facial Moisturizer over the Balance Serum a few nights a week instead of every night depending on your personal preference. Using the Cystic Acne Mask weekly as well as the Dry Clay Mask will also help to balance oil.
Find out more about these icons here.
- Wash your face with a gentle, natural, non-skin-stripping cleanser or soap
- Gently pat dry with a towel
- Next, pick Method 1 or Method 2....
Method 1: The stay at home super dose method
- Use this method 1 - 3 times a week
- Apply a thick layer of the mask
- Wait until it dries completely
- Leave on for another 5 minutes
- Wash off with warm water
Method 2: Incognito, constant low dose method
- This method can be used daily
- Apply a thin layer of the mask and gently rub into your skin
- Next, apply a thin layer of moisturizer (the mask doesn’t have to be fully absorbed before applying the moisturizer)
- Optional: Apply mineral makeup
Organic Aloe, Seaweed Powder, Organic Chamomile Essential Oil, Natural Clay, Honey (local & ethically harvested), Organic Geranium Oil, Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil, Echinacea Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Marshmallow Root Extract, Green Tea Extract, Honey Suckle Extract, Vitamin E (soy derived), Vitamin C, Alkyl Acrylate, Radish Root Ferment Filtrate (natural preservative)
- Size: 2oz / 60g
- Packaged in a glass jar