Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel
This product is currently sold out.
Often a moisturizer isn’t enough to hydrate unbalanced skin! Why? Because your skin needs a balance of water and oils to stay balanced and keep its acid mantle intact (moisturizers only provide the oil portion of the equation). The skin’s acid mantle is your natural, protective layer of sebum. Without it, your skin (and system) is open to damage, infection, and oil imbalance.
Hydra Healing Gel provides the water part of the balanced skin equation. In fact, the ingredients in it are 1000 times more hydrating than water alone and they easily absorb into the layers of your skin!
This gel is the powerhouse of our hydrating products - if you think dehydration is the cause of your skin concerns, and you want to infuse a mega dose of hydration into your skin, Hydra Healing Gel is your new daily routine go-to product!
Want to know why dehydration causes so many skin problems? Skip down to “What you need to know about dehydration”.
Hydra Healing Gel doesn’t just stop at hydration! It has loads of other balancing/helping/repairing benefits thanks to its arsenal of skin-supporting ingredients! Some of the benefits that this gel provides with continued use include:
- Mild to moderate hyperpigmentation and discolouration is reduced and/or eliminated (including leftover discolouration from acne and acne scars)
- Provides a small natural dose of salicylic acid (without chemicals, damage and the irritation that results from the synthetic version of salicylic acid found in commercial acne products). The natural dose of salicylic acid comes from willow flower and gently helps refine pores (tightens them so they look less obvious), reduce sebum (oil) production, and improves skin texture - all while nurturing and soothing your skin.
- Packed with high levels of antioxidants to protect your skin against free radical damage and signs of ageing (including quercetin - calms & balances the skin, caffeic acids - healing & anti-inflammatory, and tannins - soothes irritated skin & shrinks swollen tissues & helps gentle exfoliate the skin improving texture).
- Packed with vitamins, minerals, proteins, amino acids, and polysaccharides including iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. (Polysaccharides provide up to 1000x their weight in hydration/water-based moisture and are responsible for hydrating the skin)
- Every ingredient provides soothing, healing, calming effects.
In a nutshell
- The most powerful of our hydrating products
- Helps to balance skin; including dry AND oily skin
- Extremely calming, soothing, and healing
- Helps clear discolouration & hyper-pigmentation (including from acne scars)
- Helps prevent future discolouration & hyperpigmentation
- Improves skin texture (youthfully smoother and brighter)
- 100% natural
- Acne prone and sensitive skin
What you need to know about dehydration
You see, dehydrated skin is different from dry skin. Dry skin can be cured with moisturizers. Dehydrated skin, on the other hand, has a lack of water (not oils), and a moisturizer isn’t enough. That’s where my hydrating products come in (Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel, Mists, and Serums).
It is possible to have dry AND dehydrated skin. In fact, it’s common. But just as common is dehydrated OILY skin. My Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel is the answer to super dehydrated skin! Where mists and serums are great for mild to moderate dehydration, the Hydra Healing Gel is for severely dehydrated skin as well as chronic dehydration.
If you feel like no matter how much you moisturize, your skin is still flaky, congested, overly dry or overly oily (even to the point of feeling constantly greasy), and never feels smooth - it’s time to hydrate your skin!
Dehydrated skin is a bad thing! It leads to all kinds of problems including breakouts (see below), congested pores, poor circulation, and poor texture. It also means your natural acid mantle can’t do its job: protecting you!
But wait, I have a question!
“But my skin is oily! The last thing I need is a hydration mist, serum, or gel!”
Think again!! Often skin produces excess oil as a response to being dehydrated!
“But isn’t a moisturizer enough?”
Not always. Moisturizers don’t penetrate as deeply as a hydrating product can. If your skin is dry even after moisturizing regularly, you need to add a hydrating product to your routine.
“I can’t use this! I have acne prone skin!”
Actually, it might be just what your acne-prone skin needs to balance itself! Many people break out due to dry skin! Why? Because when your skin is dry and flaky, there’s a huge increase in dead skin cells sitting on the top of your pores (not to mention all the skin cells that slough off inside your pores!). Those dead skin cells clog up your pores when they block oils from exiting your pores (and tada! You have yourself a pimple!). By adding a hydrating product to your routine, it can penetrate deep into the layers of your skin and hydrate the layers that your moisturizer hasn’t been able to reach. Pores that are hydrated are lubricated pores making it easier for them to flush out debris and dead skin cells (reducing blackheads, breakouts, and congestion!)
“I have rosacea/super sensitive skin - is this the right product for me?”
If you have rosacea I HIGHLY recommend Hydra Healing Gel in your daily routine! Rosacea-prone skin can greatly benefit from the hydrating, anti-inflammatory, soothing, reparative, skin softening, damage restoring, redness-reducing properties! And as for those with sensitive skin, this gel will quickly become your skin’s new best friend.
Should I use the Gel, Mist or Serum?
- Start using the gel if you suspect the level of dehydration is severe. Go with the mist or serum if you suspect the level of dehydration is moderate to mild.
- If you’ve felt like your skin has been flaky, super oily or super dry, and congested for what feels like forever, go with the Hydra Healing Gel. If you think dehydration is a new or seasonal issue, go with the Hydration Mist or Hydration Serum.
- Thinking the mist or the serum is what you need? Go with the mist if you want to work hydration into your AM routine. Go with the serum if you want to work hydration into your PM routine. Mists will also work at night, but generally, my customers like to use them during the day because they absorb super fast (just like the gel). The serums provide night-long breathable protection for the skin (especially during the winter when our skin is exposed to super dry air).
- Hydration Serum provides hydrating and moisturizing effects and doesn’t always need to be sealed in with a moisturizer like the Mist and Gel to lock in the hydrating ingredients.
Find out more about these icons here.
1) Hydra Healing Gel can easily be worked into any skincare routine. Simply use it after washing your face and before applying any mists, serums or moisturizers.
2) After applying the Gel, apply a moisturizer or a serum to lock in the hydrating ingredients.
3) Hydra Healing Gel absorbs fast and can be worked into your AM or PM routine.
- If you apply a lot of the Gel, you'll create a "mask" effect without trying. To some, this makes their skin feel "tight" - this is just the Gel sitting on top of the skin and not absorbing thoroughly.
- To remedy this, simply mix the Gel with your moisturizer or serum (about 1/3 gel, 2/3 moisturizer or serum) in your hand before applying. This allows the gel's hydrating properties to blend with your moisturizer or serum so your skin can absorb it at a pace that allows all the gel to be absorbed (i.e. no mask effect!)
Extra Tip: How to use your Hydra Healing Gel as a mask
- Apply a thick layer of the gel after washing your face.
- Leave on until it’s fully dry.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Super hydrator known for its abilities to balance and regenerate skin
- Contains shaman-like healing properties
- Aids in the calming and healing of acne and irritated/sensitive skin
- Used for years thanks to its ability to help regulate sebum production.
- Beneficial for those who are prone to acne breakouts, as it contains gentle antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Vitamin C makes it a natural, toning ingredient for a brighter, smoother complexion
- Aids in the evening of skin tone
- Improves skin’s elasticity
- Antioxidants boost the healing process of skin
- Helps regulate oil production
- Helps ease irritation from skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne and dry, flaky skin
- Easily absorbed by the skin to deliver ingredients deep into the skin where it’s needed most
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Aqua & Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross-Polymer & Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Chamaemelum Nobile (Chamomile) Flower Distillate, Rose Damascena Flower Distillate, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (White Willow) Bark Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract
- Size: 2oz / 60g
- Packaged in a glass jar
- This is the original version of our Hydra Healing Gel
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hi , is the hydra gel suitable for preggies? Concerned about the willow bark. Thanks
Hi there! Thanks for your question. I can say that we (the Batty's Bath team) would feel completely comfortable using this product if we were expecting. The amount of willow bark in very little and it should affect someone who is pregnant. However, we always recommend bringing the ingredients list to your medical professional for approval.