Oil Absorbing Setting Powder
This product is currently sold out.
A setting powder is a finishing touch to a perfect makeup application (like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae!). Batty’s setting powder is not only like the cherry on top, but the chocolate sprinkles too! Here’s why: it doesn’t just “set” your foundation (so it doesn’t budge or slide off mid-day), it helps prevent the reason most of us feel like our makeup needs a touch up before the day is out - excess oil! Batty’s setting powder helps absorb excess oil. And instead of needing to redo your foundation mid-day, especially if you have extra oily skin, just another quick layer or two of Batty’s setting powder will keep your coverage in place and lasting for as long as you need it to!
And the best part is Batty’s setting powder is super light weight, has a silky (but not greasy or gross) feel, and goes on completely sheer! So no matter what shade of foundation you wear, Batty’s setting powder will blend in seamlessly!
Batty’s setting powder can also be worn over tinted moisturizers or simply on makeup free days to help control oil!
(Pst, looking for more ways to control oil? Or perhaps even kick oily skin to the curb for good? Check out “What you need to know about dehydration” on the Hydra Healing Skin Rescue Gel page, and stock up on info and resources by heading over to Batty’s Skin Care 101: Acne).
In a nutshell
- Absorbs excess oil
- Completely translucent
- Extends the life of foundation
- Creates a silky feel and look to skin
- Provides a matte finish
- Contains zinc which is a natural sun blocking ingredient
Find out more about these icons here.
- If you're planning on wearing foundation, eye shadow, etc, apply all of that first.
- Using a kabuki brush, dip the brush into the setting powder
- Tap off excess back into the jar (simply tap the brush once or twice over the jar) or if you’re planning on putting on more than a thin layer of powder on your face, tap off this excess into the inside of the setting powder jar lid.
- Next, dab the brush (with setting powder on it) on the inside of the lid of the setting powder jar
- Swirl the brush around (this “loads the brush” - in other words, deposits the power throughout the brush for an even application
- Once the brush is “loaded”, gently swirl the brush over your face.
- Continue until you’ve covered your whole face and repeat if you want an extra layer of oil absorbing powder. (Or, if you only get oily in your T zone or the sides of your nose, you can skip the rest of your face and just apply the powder to these oil prone areas).
- Repeat throughout the day as needed
Kaolin: This natural clay creates a smooth and soft base for makeup application. You can avoid having your foundations getting caught on dry spots and fine lines all while providing a silky “slip” for easier blending.
Dry Flo: This natural powder is derived from modified corn starch and is a safe and natural alternative to talc that is aluminum free. Dry Flo is finely milled and leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. As an added feature, it absorbs oil to help maintain a matte feature and prevent you from looking and feeling greasy.
Zinc Oxide: While zinc contains a number of beneficial properties for the skin, it also does amazing things for natural cosmetics. For pressed, mineral cosmetics, it’s used to help provide a “stick” that holds the product where it is applied. It can also be used to lighten colours due to its white colour.
Full ingredients list
Serecite, Kaolin Clay, Corn Starch Modified (Dry Flo), Zinc Oxide, Mica
Note: none of our ingredients are micronized!
- Size: 2 oz jar / 12 g of product
- Packaged in a glass jar
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.