Patchouli & Grapefruit Facial Soap
This product is currently sold out.
This soap is literally two soaps in one! The patchouli side is used during a flare-up of skin problems to helps calm breakouts thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. The grapefruit side purifies congested, oily and acne-prone skin to reduce future breakouts!
This facial soap is packed with skin loving olive oil, which provides excellent moisturizing benefits. This soap is primarily made out of vegetable glycerin. This glycerin draws moisture out of the air to hydrate skin and cleanses without stripping or upsetting the delicate balance necessary for soft, healthy skin.
If that wasn’t enough, we’ve added a three, built-in exfoliators to this bar. Finely ground nut shells gently slough off dead skin from the surface when using the patchouli side of the bar. On the grapefruit side, we’ve added wax jojoba ester to gently provide a regular exfoliation, while citric acid works below the surface to do some pore-level elimination of sticky cells and built up grime.
In a nutshell
- Provides a gentle exfoliation
- Soothes skin sensitivities, making a great option for those who suffer from eczema
- Won’t clog pores
- Aids in the healing process of breakouts
- Hydrates dry skin
- Supports blood circulation leaving skin bright and healthy looking
- Formulated with clean and kind ingredients
This soap is made with our soft bar formula. Find out more about our hard vs soft soaps here.
Find out more about these icons here.
We’re pretty confident you know how to use a bar of soap, but here are a few recommendations to make the most of this cleanser.
- The patchouli side is used during a flare-up of skin problems to help calm breakouts, while the grapefruit side purifies congested, oily and acne prone skin to reduce future breakouts!
- The side of the soap made with patchouli essential oil has finely ground nut shells added for deep, cleansing exfoliation.
- The side of the soap made with grapefruit essential oil has wax jojoba beads added for excellent moisturizing benefits as well as extremely mild exfoliation.
- Avoid hot water, as this will dry your skin out. Opt for lukewarm water instead and let the soap do the dirty work.
How to Make Your Soap Bars Last
Once you've tried handmade soap you’ll want every silky, skin-loving bubble to last! Thankfully, we won't stop making handmade soap anytime soon BUT there are definitely some tricks to making each bar last as long as possible.
- Don't leave your handmade soap in the tub while you're soaking.
- Make sure your handmade soap isn't in the water stream; keep it in a corner of the shower or tub where it won't be constantly hit by water.
- Use a soap dish that provides appropriate drainage so your soap bar can dry properly between uses.
- Rub your soap bar onto a washcloth & use that to get clean rather than rubbing the soap bar right onto your body.
- Store your soap bars in their packaging and in a cool dry place until you're ready to use them.
- Consider cutting your soap bars in half and only putting one-half in the shower at a time.
What's the Difference Between Handcrafted Soap and "Commercial" Soap?
Commercial soaps are manufactured in large factories (often located overseas) staffed with anonymous employees, using the most economical ingredients. Often, they contain harsh detergents and most have the glycerin removed.
Our handcrafted soaps, on the other hand, are manufactured locally in small batches with the personal oversight and care of long-time soapmaker. Owner, Jamie makes use of high-quality ingredients, including speciality oils and botanical additives to personalize her formulations.
The creative artistry of Jamie results in soaps that are different and unique, offering you a wide selection of soaps that are not only clean and kind on your skin but functional and beautiful as well.
- Helps alleviate the symptoms of skin conditions like acne and eczema
- Reduces internal inflammation
- Contains antiseptic healing properties
- Boosts cell regeneration to help prevent breakouts from leading to scars and signs of ageing
- Gentle anti-bacterial properties help to eliminate acne bacteria
- Excellent antibacterial for the skin
- Helps eliminate acne-causing bacteria
- Provides the skin with lots of antioxidant support
- Contains vitamin A C & E to help keep your skin looking young, bright and fresh
- Promotes healthy oil production which can help prevent congestion and blackheads
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder + Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil + Wax, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Citric Acid
- Coconut Oil: Saponified
- Palm Oil: Saponified / Sustainable
- Olive Oil: Saponified
- Glycerin: Vegetable-derived
- As always, our products are made with clean and kind ingredients. They're free of...
- Petro ingredients
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) / SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- Propylene Glycol
- Size: 125 – 155 G
- Packaged in a recyclable paper wrapper
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.