Pineapple Facial Scrub
This product is currently sold out.
If you’re looking for a scrub that works harder without getting rough with your skin, let me introduce you to Batty’s Pineapple Facial Scrub!
This naturally gentle scrub exfoliates on two levels.
- The first is on a physical/abrasion based level: Round, soft jojoba (natural wax) beads remove dead skin cells by buffing them away. These jojoba beads are famous for being the most gentle physical exfoliating ingredient around. Why? Because their round shape rolls over the skin preventing damage, irritation, or tiny tears that bacteria can settle into!
- The second level of exfoliation that this scrub provides is a result of fruit enzymes - pineapple to be exact. Fruit enzymes are amazingly hard working scrubbers - without the scrubbing! Instead, they lift off dead skin cells without any abrasion at all! Making Batty’s Pineapple Facial Scrub a one-two punch for skin that’s congested, clogged, dull, or suffering from uneven skin tone. You see, fruit enzymes can go where jojoba beads can’t - they can flush out debris from inside your pores! This is important because the inside of your pores shed skin cells too! If your skin isn’t completely balanced, or your have chronically congested pores, those skin cells that are shedding inside your pores don’t often get flushed out properly! Fruit enzymes is one way to remedy the situation! (P.s. the other way is to keep your skin well hydrated! Check out Batty’s Hydra Healing Gel to lubricate the inside of your pores so they can naturally flush out debris and dead skin cells!).
Two levels of exfoliation aren't the only thing that makes this scrub special.
- It also has honey! Why is that important? Well, not only does honey slow the rate of dehydration (hydration is an important factor in balanced skin!), it has amazing skin loving and protecting properties! Honey is antibacterial, antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory. All those anti-’s add up to very positive results! How’s that for beauty math!
And Batty’s Pineapple Facial Scrub doesn’t stop there! It also contains vitamin C!
- Why does that matter? Well, vitamin C does a lot of amazing things for the skin, but the benefit that those of us with oily skin and/or acne are most interested in, is its natural ability to reduce redness and discolouration (including uneven colour left over from acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage).
So what are all these exfoliating and skin loving ingredients hanging out in?
- Well, Batty’s handmade, cold-processed whipped soap of course! Just like her natural cold pressed soaps, Batty’s whipped soap is made with traditional soap making methods (the kind that has been used for centuries before all those chemical cleansers were introduced!). Which means you can trust that it’s made with care from the finest ingredients. And that’s important! Why? Because it results in a cleansing whipped soap that removes dirt, debris, and makeup without stripping your skin of its natural oils / protective barrier (which all adds up to a super gentle whipped soap that won’t dry out your skin!).
If that wasn’t enough, Batty’s Pineapple Facial Scrub also helps increase cell turnover (which is important for a youthful glow, healing, and reducing the appearance of pigmented acne scars), reduces congestion and clogged pores, smoothes away excess dead skin cell build up (a major cause of dull looking skin), and decreases the potential for clogged pores in the future!
In a nutshell
- Exfoliates on two levels: gentle round plant-wax "beads" and pineapple fruit enzymes
- Super gentle and 100% natural
- Removes pore clogging dead skin cells
- Removes debris from inside pores thanks to fruit enzymes
- Exfoliates deeper and more thoroughly than a physical/abrasion based scrub
- Promotes a reduction in redness, hyper-pigmentation, and discoloration
- Brightens dull or congested skin
- Helps reduce uneven skin tone
- Reduces the potential for clogged pores
- Aids in reducing the appearance of pigmented acne scars
- Please note that this scrub is not for radiant rebels with rosacea (rosacea and vitamin C generally don't play nice together!)
Find out more about these icons here.
- Wet your face with water
- Scoop out a small amount of scrub and gentle rub it on your face in circular motions
- Wash off with water
If you want more exfoliating power, always remember to use a scrub longer, not harder! Scrubbing longer rather than harder prevents irritation and damage to your skin.
Jojoba Esters: These little beads (or esters) come from the Jojoba shrub native to the Southern desert areas of North America. Jojoba Beads have a waxy consistency are a super gentle exfoliator for people with super sensitive skin. Their job is to help deliver ingredients deep into the pores to help fight facial acne. As an added bonus, they deliver an extra dose of moisture to the skin.
Pineapple Extract: We can't get enough of this fruit extract! Pineapples are chalked full of Vitamin C. This vitamin contains impressive amounts of antioxidants and is known to aid in the brightening of skin (i.e. helping reduce the signs of aging) and protecting it from free radicals. Vitamin C is also a natural alternative to drugstore toners, by helping reduce dark spots and other sun damage. When used as part of an acne skin care routine, it can also help reduce inflammation and dims post acne redness. Not to mention, skin feels firmer thanks to its ability to increase collagen production.
Pineapple extract also provides a non-abrasive exfoliation that is particularly beneficial for those who suffer from congestion thanks to fruit enzymes. These fruit enzymes have the ability to exfoliate inside the pores where we also shed dead skin cells that can cause plugs, blackheads, and breakouts.
Honey: Our honey is both locally and ethically sourced to ensure no bees are bothered in the process of making any of our products. This liquid gold ingredient provides deep and long-lasting moisture to the skin. It also contains antibacterial properties which help prevent acne-causing bacteria. If that wasn’t enough, honey is rich in antioxidant that helps slow down the signs of aging by maintaining skin's elasticity and glow.
Glycerin: This unique ingredient is known as a humectant. That means it draws in moisture from the air to deliver it where it’s needed. Not only does it draw moisture to the skin, it helps lock it in for optimal performance. When used in cosmetics it conditions the surface to feel soft and supple. In our mascara, this means that your eyelashes maintain their flexibility while being lengthened.
Full ingredients list
Purified Water, Organic Saponified Olive Oil, Organic Saponified Castor Oil, Jojoba Esters, Honey (local & ethically harvested), Saponified Stearic Acid (natural, plant-based fatty acid), Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin C, Pineapple extract
- Size: 3.5oz / 100g
- Packaged in a glass jar with a metal lid
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.