Tea Tree + Charcoal Cold Pressed Soap
This product is currently sold out.
This bar was created based on two of our best selling products: our tea tree scrub and activated charcoal soap bar.
We've taken the star ingredients for each: tea tree essential oil and activated charcoal and infused them into a skin-loving cold pressed soap bar!
Activated charcoal is known for being a detoxifying, deep cleaning, pigmentation reducing green beauty powerhouse ingredient!
Tea tree essential oil is one of the best known essential oils for fighting bacteria (including acne-causing bacteria). It is also noted to contain anti-inflammatory properties that help sooth breakouts and other skin conditions.
If you're looking for deep cleaning soap with antibacterial properties, look no further!
Find out more about these icons here.
We’re pretty confident you know how to use a bar of soap, but here are a few recommendations to make the most of your cold pressed bars.
- Avoid hot water, as this will dry your skin out. Opt for lukewarm water instead and let the soap do the dirty work.
- Feel free to use a cleaning mitt or silicone face scrubber, but be gentle! They can exfoliate without adding extra pressure (which can cause irritation).
- The optimal amount of time to cleanse your face for is roughly 45 seconds – 1 min. If you have sensitive skin, try 30 seconds. Set a timer on your phone for the first few uses, as you may be surprised how long it actually is.
- Body Soap – This bar isn’t just useful for detoxing your face; it works wonders on the body too! It’s especially great at eliminating odour, making it the perfect body cleanser (especially if you’re going through a deodorant detox)
- Shaving Soap – all of our cold pressed soaps make amazing alternatives to conventional shaving creams. Just lather up and apply to your legs like you would a shaving cream and get to business. The oils in our soaps make shaving a smooth success.
How to Make Your Soap Bars Last
Once you've tried handmade soap you’ll want every silky, skin-loving bubble to last! Thankfully, we won't stop making handmade soap anytime soon BUT there are definitely some tricks to making each bar last as long as possible.
- Don't leave your handmade soap in the tub while you're soaking.
- Make sure your handmade soap isn't in the water stream; keep it in a corner of the shower or tub where it won't be constantly hit by water.
- Use a soap dish that provides appropriate drainage so your soap bar can dry properly between uses.
- Rub your soap bar onto a washcloth & use that to get clean rather than rubbing the soap bar right onto your body.
- Store your soap bars in their packaging and in a cool dry place until you're ready to use them.
- Consider cutting your soap bars in half and only putting one-half in the shower at a time.
Our Cold Press Soaps are made from scratch using old world techniques and clean and kind ingredients. The care that was put into soap making years ago, as well as the recipes that were passed down from generation to generation, make their come back with these creamy, soft soaps that produce spectacular lather! We use specific oils in our soap batches that are known to be mild on the skin while producing great lather! In fact, they lather up so well that they can easily be used to shave with!
There are no shortcuts when it comes to the cold press method - these soaps take weeks to cure but are well worth the wait! Our handmade method of soap making ensures the most amount of glycerin possible is retained, unlike commercial soap making. Retaining the glycerin makes a softer, milder soap which is emollient and moisturizing to the skin.
Our Cold Press Soap is ideal for those with sensitive skin, for conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis, or anyone allergic to commercial soap because they don't strip the skin of its natural, beneficial oils. In fact, they are mild enough to use on babies' delicate skin.
These soaps do not contain any colours or scents. Instead, they are made with the freshest, highest quality ingredients, coloured with natural clays, and scented with essential oils and phthalate-free fragrance oils.
If you haven't experienced the world of green beauty cold press soaps then you are in for a real treat! Many bath & body lovers say that once you try cold press soaps that have been made with the quality ingredients and utmost care, that there's go going back to anything they were using before!
What's the Difference Between Handcrafted Soap and "Commercial" Soap?
Commercial soaps are manufactured in large factories (often located overseas) staffed with anonymous employees, using the most economical ingredients. Often, they contain harsh detergents and most have the glycerin removed.
Our handcrafted soaps, on the other hand, are manufactured locally in small batches with the personal oversight and care of long-time soapmaker. Owner, Jamie makes use of high-quality ingredients, including specialty oils and botanical additives to personalize her formulations.
The creative artistry of Jamie results in soaps that are different and unique, offering you a wide selection of soaps that are not only clean and kind on your skin but functional and beautiful as well.
- Absorbs and traps toxins and chemicals
- One 'bit' of charcoal contains a multitude of its own pores that are capable of holding 1000x its own weight
- Coveted ingredient for removing hard to remove ingredients like petrochemicals from the skin
- Collected from green sources making it completely safe and gentle
Tea Tree Oil
- Known for the disinfecting properties
- Stops acne-causing bacteria in its tracks
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties helping to sooth breakouts and other skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis
- Speeds up the healing process for small wounds and breakouts
- Referred to as 'liquid gold' in ancient times
- Penetrates the skin to deliver moisture where it's needed most without leaving you feeling sticky or greasy
- Rich in antioxidants
- Vitamin E tackles inflammation that can lead to acne breakouts, eczema, and psoriasis
Full Ingredient List
Olive oil, Coconut oil, Palm oil (Sustainable), Sweet almond oil, Castor oil, Apricot kernel oil, Charcoal (activated, bamboo), Tea tree essential oil, Mica
- Palm Oil: Sustainable / Saponified
- Olive Oil: Saponified
- Coconut Oil: Saponified
- Sweet Almond Oil: Saponified
- Castor Oil: Saponified
- Apricot Kernel Oil: Saponified
- Charcoal: Activated / Derived from Bamboo
- Size: Minimum of 100g / 3.5 oz
- Packaged in a recyclable paper wrapper
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.